IFAWPCA, has immediate requirement for the hiring of a full-time CONTRACTS OFFICER (CONTRACT ADVISOR) to provide administrative, technical and advisory support to the Conditions of Contract Committee works involving contract documents and facilitate lobbying efforts and the flow of technical discussions on contractual issues involving the members.
The roles and responsibilities will include however not limited to:
- Provide guidance and advice to the committee in the review of Tender Documents & Form of Contracts that may be international or localized in nature. International tender documents may for example cover World Bank & ADB Tender or Procurement Documents, FIDIC Form of Contracts, etc. that may be used in the international market. Localized Form of Contract may refer to the specific form of contracts that are operable within the Members’ country.
- Provide technical & administrative support on all contract matters which may include in the summarization of contracts documents, presentation of technical reports and analysis of clauses and provisions in conditions of a contract.
- Facilitate lobbying efforts for members with World Bank, ADB and FIDIC.
- Assist with the assessment and resolution of major contract variations and disputes within member-countries
- Analyze contract conditions internationally where such conditions may be beneficial for local adoption in Member’s country.
- Collation of the various Forms of Contract from Member country.
- Any other tasks that will be assigned by the IFAWPCA Executive Director.
The most ideal applicant will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Adequate experience in practical application of internationally used Standard forms of Contracts such as FIDIC, NEC, ICE etc.
- Ideally be a professional member of an internationally accredited institution representing professions of Contract Administration, Arbitration, Adjudication etc. (e.g. Chartered Institution of Arbitration (CIArb), The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Be able to commit full-time work and must be based in the Philippines.
- Sound knowledge in Principles of Contracts with relevant qualifications.
- Experience in contract management and understanding of construction projects both international & local.
- Experience in the evaluation of contract documents and the preparation of contracts documentation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience in the interpretation of procurement and contracting Acts, Regulations, Policies, Procedures and Standards
- Excellent administrative skills with highly developed presentation and written communication skills to provide correct, clear and concise presentations, reports, papers, policies and procedures to a wide range of stakeholders
- High levels of PC literacy and proven proficiency using MS Office products and E-tendering
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills with ability to work effectively across all levels in a multi-cultural environment
- Personal commitment to providing superior levels of service to all member-associations
Interested candidates may submit their Letter of Interest including desired contract compensation not later than 31 August 2017, together with documents showing compliance to the eligibility requirements to:
- The International Federation of Asia & Western Pacific Contractors’ Associations (IFAWPCA), 3rd Floor Padilla Building, Francisco Ortigas Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605, Philippines; or
- Email to: email@example.com